AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)
an officer in the Indian Air Force a candidate depending on his/her qualifications, could join one of the various branches in the IAF:
- Flying Branch : Fighters, Transports and Helicopters
- Technical Branch: Mechanical and Electronics
- Ground Duty Branch: Administration, Accounts, Logistics, Education and Meteorology
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT
- AGE: 19 to 23 years
- Qualification: Graduates (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together
- Training Academy: Air Force Academy
- Notification: It is conducted twice in a year and notified by IAF in May/June and Aug/Sep
- Graduate Special Entry Scheme (GSES) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala (Through UPSC) : Through this entry candidates can get selected for Indian Navy.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Special Entry Scheme (GSES)
- Age: 19 – 22 years
- Qualification: B.Sc (Physics & Maths) or BE
- Notification: Advertised by Indian Navy through leading newspapers.
SPECIFIC FEATURES OF SSB COACHING AT SHIELD DEFENCE COLLEGE, LUCKNOW
- Shield Defence College has a comprehensive training programme for defence entry, ranging from 15/30 days
- Classes conducted by senior defence officers, of the rank of colonel and above, in all the three techniques.
- Modern teaching techniques equipped with digital classrooms are available for student teacher interaction.
- Guidance material for all the three techniques is provided and the candidates are assessed in regular intervals. Special emphasis is given with focused individual attention to improve upon the performance.
- This institute is fully residential with all modern desired facilities having separate boys' & girls' hostel with only 2 students in 1 room.
- Rich library, and spacious dining hall, satiates the mental and physical hunger.
- This institute’s ultimate moto is to contribute towards mental, physical and behavioral enrichment for building up a balanced personality.
- This institute has one of the largest SSB ground in India.
- Shield defence College in one of the best equipped SSB academy in the country.
- It is in the city of Nawabs and is located in a sprawling campus of 25 acres of land, just next to the National Highway, connecting Raibareilly & Lucknow.
- Our aim is to provide the best cadets to our prestigious defence training institution, for becoming a future worthy warrior/ citizen.
- It’s team has the expertise of super-qualified, experienced and senior ex- SSB officers. These officers have a plethora of experience, second to none, in all three techniques. The facility provided here is comparable to the actual S S B itself. The Group Task ground is full-fledged with all the tasks required, to impart training. Indoor, as well as outdoor facilities are available to familiarize the candidates, with the actual SSB environment. User-friendly Modern techniques in imparting the training are adopted. We also train the aspirants for various officer cadre entries, like in Army, Navy, An experienced phycologist and the associated training equipment’s are available for proper training. Thorough care is taken to cover all the nuances for a successful interview. Our aim is to be the best SSB Academy in Dehradun
- 1ST DAY: ARRIVALS AND DOCUMENTATION
- 2ND & 3RD DAY: PHASE I ( PP & DT)
- 4TH TO 7TH DAY: PSYCHOLOGY TECHNIQUE
- 8TH TO 11TH DAY: INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE
- 12TH TO 14TH DAY: GROUP TASK
- 15TH DAY: CONFERENCE PROCEDURE AND INDIVIDUAL DEBRIEFING
|Monday to Saturday|
|Fresh-n-up||05:00am – 05:30am|
|Physical training||05:40am – 06:40am|
|Fresh-n-up||06:40am to 07:30am|
|Break fast||07:30am to 08:00am|
|Assembly||08:00am - 08:20am|
|Classes||08:30am to 01:00pm|
|Lunch break||01:00pm to 02:00pm|
|Special class||02:00pm to 03:00pm|
|Self-study+ doubt class||03:00pm to 05:00pm|
|Tea & Snacks||05:00pm to 05:15pm|
|Sports Activity||05:15pm to 06:45pm|
|Fresh-n-up||06:45pm to 07:30pm|
|Dinner||7:30 to 8:15 pm|
|Self-study||8:30 pm to 10:30 pm|
|light off||10:30 pm|
|Fresh-n-up||07:00am to 08:00am|
|Breakfast||08 :00am to 09:00am|
|Special lecture/Training/Special Activity||09:00am to 11:00am|
|Free time||11:00am to 01:00pm|
|Lunch time||01:00pm to 02:00pm|
|Self-study||02:00pm to 04:00pm|
|Tea & Snacks||04:00pm to 04:30pm|
|Sports Activity/ Free time/ As per choice||04:30pm to 07:00pm|
|Fresh-n-up||07:00pm to 07:30pm|
|Dinner||07:30 pm to 08:30 pm|
|Self-study||08:30pm to 10:30pm|